WorkCover introduced the Worker Status Service to assist employers determine who to include in their workers compensation premiums.
This service offers:
- a Worker Status Rulings Branch within WorkCover to provide specialised assistance to employers
- a private ruling service to determine whether a person (or class of people) is a worker for premium calculation purposes. Employers can apply to WorkCover to issue a private ruling.
A private ruling is a binding notice from WorkCover that states whether a person, or group of persons, are workers or contactors for the purpose of including wages for workers compensation premium calculations.
Contact the Worker Status Service
You can contact the Worker Status Rulings Branch if you require any assistance by:
- telephone the WorkCover Assistance Service on 13 10 50
- email to email@example.com
- fax to 02 9287 4358
- post to Worker Status Rulings Branch, WorkCover NSW
Locked Bag 2906, Lisarow NSW 2252