Small business rebate - injuries from moving objects solutions: Fact sheet
Colliding with objects
Factors to consider:
- People and machinery not separated.
- Animals and loads not adequately restrained.
- No warning or safety lights.
To prevent being hit by falling objects
- Guard and foot rails
- Falling object protective structure
- Signage for access and egress walkways
- Restraint supports for equipment and tools
- Vehicle load covers and load restraints
- Tarp spreader, tag lines or strapping to secure loads
To prevent being hit or bitten by an animal
- Animal restraint equipment, device or crush
- Fall protection rail system for animal transport vehicles
- Sliding segregation gate for livestock transport vehicles
To prevent being trapped by machinery or equipment
- Machine guarding including fixed, interlocked, photoelectric or combination
- Emergency stop switches
- Electronic guarding and sensing devices, including trip bars or electronic curtains
- Rollover protective structures (ROPS) for tractors
- Power take-off (PTO) guards
To prevent colliding with moving/stationary objects
- Warning/safety lights, corner vision or convex mirrors
- Traffic management tools – eg signage, marking, safety cone, flag, barricade or bunting
- Reversing cameras, sensor devices or alarms
- Speed control bumps
- Elevated walkway or crossing gates
- Safety cages or guarding for tyre rim assembly/fitting
- Stanchions or chokes to secure log stacking
To prevent assault
- Communication radios or vehicle tracking systems
- Closed circuit television (CCTV)
- Entrance electronic sensors
- Personal duress alarms
- Anti-jump barriers or screens, emergency egress doors
- Office mirrored glass panel, safe rooms
- High value goods storage – eg drop/time-delay safes
- Installation of improved internal/external lighting
Small Business Rebate Program
Get up to $500 for being smarter and safer
WorkCover NSW is helping small business* fix safety problems across five common risk areas in their workplace.
Four easy steps
- First attend a free eligible WorkCover safety activity
- Then make a safety improvement to your workplace
- Complete the rebate application form
- Send application and proof of purchase to claim up to $500.
Get an application form and more information.
Phone 13 10 50 or visit workcover.nsw.gov.au
*Small business with no more than 50 employees
See other rebate solutions for:
- Manual handling
- Slips, trips and falls
- Chemicals and dangerous goods
- Hazardous noise.