How to make a claim

If you are injured at work, you must:

  1. notify your employer as soon as possible so the incident can be recorded in the Register of Injuries
  2. if time off work is required, see a doctor and have the doctor complete a WorkCover certificate of capacity
  3. provide the certificate of capacity (with the worker's declaration completed) to your employer or their insurer and attach any bills or receipts for treatment
  4. participate and cooperate with the development and implementation of an injury management plan. Your employer's insurer will be in touch to develop this plan in consultation with you
  5. comply with requests for information made by the insurer within seven days. Payments may be discontinued if you do not provide this information
  6. make all reasonable efforts to return to work as soon as possible

If you cannot do your normal job, you should ask your doctor and employer about suitable duties to assist you to return to your work whilst you make a full recovery.