JobCover placement program
The JobCover placement program provides incentives of up to $27,400 to a new employer to employ an injured worker for the worker's first year of employment.
The employer incentive payment increases according to the length of time the injured worker remains employed with the new employer:
- up to $400 per week for first 12 weeks (maximum of $4,800)
- up to $500 per week for next 14 weeks (maximum of $7,000)
- up to $600 per week for next 26 weeks (maximum of $15,600).
- the injured worker's wages are not included in the calculation of the new employer's workers compensation premium for two years, and
- the new employer is protected against further costs associated with the existing injury for up to two years.
The JobCover placement program brochure provides information about a program that offers employers incentives to employ workers who cannot return to their pre injury employer.
The JobCover placement program guidelines outlines the benefits of the program, the responsibilities of all parties and the process for commencing the program.
The JobCover placement program – agreement form is used for the insurer to certify the eligibility and agreement of a worker and employer to participate in a JobCover placement program. The agreement must be completed prior to the worker commencing work.
The JobCover placement program – employer incentive payment claim form is used by an employer to claim the employer incentive payments at 12, 26 and 52 weeks for a worker engaged in a JobCover placement program.